Pokemon AtraNoctis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon AtraNoctis

The Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check out the discussion forum for topics that you could help with!

Pokemon Choosing

Go down 
2 posters

New Pokemon Choosing System (read below)
Trainer-Based
Pokemon Choosing Vote_lcap0%Pokemon Choosing Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Random Choosing
 0% [ 0 ]
Intricate Maze
 0% [ 0 ]
New Suggestion (Post Please)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AuthorMessage
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

Pokemon Choosing Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Choosing   Pokemon Choosing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:11 pm

alright, currently the way you chose a pokemon to become is quite simple. Youre spawned in a forest where you find the one you want, then click it. The pokemon don't exactly have any other hiding space other than an open field. This is fine for an alpha game, but really needs to be fixed up. How? In the games, different pokemon have different rarenesses. With the current system, it isnt exactly replicating how hard it truely is to become that specific pokemon. For example, every pokemon game that lets you chose the pokemon tend to have eevee overloads, however in game, its only possible to obtain one eevee and from there you can only breed that one to make more. Its meant to be an extremely rare pokemon! This is why I want to fix up the current system.

Below are suggestions i came up with

Trainer Based: Everyone starts as a trainer. They get a selection of pokemon (via choices from prof oak, or going into a field of TYPICALLY common pokemon) as a starter. After they chose that pokemon, they can chose to become it via a secondary save. As the trainer grows in power and number of pokemon, they get wider choices of pokemon to catch and become on the secondary save. This system can be varied in 2 or more ways- there can be 7 saves (the trainer then their party). Or there can be 2 saves (Trainer and a pokemon from their entire library of pokemon). This would also be a mostly unique feature to the game.

Random Choosing: This one is very basic- People choose selections of pokemon (via eggtype/Type/color ect) and they are given a random set of pokemon based on the selection. This especially forces the rareness of pokemon but can be hard to keep up on when it comes to remaking. it is also pretty much a ripoff of prpr's system, even if i included a small personality quiz.

Intricate Maze: The first sign of a PAU ripoff yet really effective in what it does. This forces people to work for the pokemon they want. this brings up many problems, however, due to the fact if riddles are used, they can be too hard, inaccurate, and the answers could spread through players. Restricting rules preventing the spread of answers can be annoying and just useless work. This system can be morphed with the trainer based system to make unlockable pokemon you need to work for, but it would appear to be too hard to program.

any other suggestions can be added below. The only rule you need to go by is that rares need to be rare! I dont want 50 Eevees running around...with every good thing there needs to be a bad thing about it to create balance

Last edited by Katsuri on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/katsurithekitty
Azrael king of Sorrow

Azrael king of Sorrow

Pokemon Choosing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Choosing   Pokemon Choosing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 pm

made my brain hurt. i get what you sayin though. maybe they start out as a starter poke then they master that and the more they master, the more poke they get?
Back to top Go down
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

Pokemon Choosing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Choosing   Pokemon Choosing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:56 pm

well they catch them in the wild, and then they get that one to chose from when they turn into a poke....sry if i confused that a bit too much
Back to top Go down
Azrael king of Sorrow

Azrael king of Sorrow

Pokemon Choosing Empty
PostSubject: oh i see   Pokemon Choosing Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:31 am

sort of a keep what you catch thing
Back to top Go down
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

Pokemon Choosing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Choosing   Pokemon Choosing Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:29 pm

mmhm
Back to top Go down
Azrael

Pokemon Choosing Empty
PostSubject: what up kat?   Pokemon Choosing Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:42 pm

kat what is taking my password resend so long?
Back to top Go down
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

Pokemon Choosing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Choosing   Pokemon Choosing Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:44 pm

...irrelevant?

and i dont have a clue what youre talking about...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon Choosing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Choosing   Pokemon Choosing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Choosing
Page 1 of 1