Pokemon AtraNoctis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon AtraNoctis

The Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check out the discussion forum for topics that you could help with!

GMs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

GMs Empty
PostSubject: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:39 pm

let me start this topic off with...
I DO NOT NEED SELFISH, POWER-HUNGRY, CHILDISH GMS

GMs I need- I need GMs that must know the difference between GM: God Modder, and GM: Game Moderator! I believe a GM should do what they can to HELP PLAYERS (not themselves) and make a game more ENJOYABLE FOR OTHERS (not themselves). I also need one with the dedication to do so. No- if you play other games and just get on TO SIT THERE and NOT EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME-- I DON'T WANT YOU!! GMs should love the game themselves and play as often as a normal player (btw, sitting around and chatting isn't exactly playing the game, however I understand because I do that on a game I moderate...however I am extremely active on the game...)

If you are a constant annoyance and rule breaker- GOD NO I won't let you moderate a game. I've seen how those people turn out and I don't want that. This is actually common sense in a game!

Making the game funner- I don't want to hear the players COMPLAIN about your idea of "makin teh gamz funer!!"...Just no guys....If you are the type that would love to host game-based events that NORMAL PLAYERS ENJOY, I want you on my force! But I don't need you to take the GM commands I allow you and just mod yourself up to the highest degree or place random memes around the map for people to run into and not understand...If I allow you the commands, its because I trust that you can make events that can actually mold to the game; but not limit yourself to it...and not annoy the players with it...

Punishment- I don't need GMs that are afraid or cautious of punishing a player. You have to remember, Its a pokemon game which draws 12 year old kids who- at times- NEED THE PUNISHMENT (though I'm not saying all young kids are like that so no offense). I need the ones with a soft heart, but an iron hand. One that wants to understand the situation and take actions then and there. Even GMs that don't want to listen to the other GMs about the person and gives a second chance, but with logical reason, are good as long as they know when and where to draw the "soft hearted" line! I also don't want to have to give guidlines of GM-ing. That doesnt mean I want experienced GMs, but instead, I want GMs that know what to do, when to do it, and how. Every person is different but they all follow a basic pattern normally. If they are an obvious troller, BAN THEM ON SIGHT. There is no point in doing minor punishments if they are NOT going to learn anyways. If they are obviously unclear of the situation- explain everything to them, but don't go soft on them because they need to know what happens when a rule is broken and what they should do! Remember, Banning is the true punishment but mutes or jails are necessary warnings.

Most importantly- I want this game to be a game for the PLAYERS. I want it to be just as fun without the GM commands as it is with- or even funner. I want a GM force that takes GM-ing as a responsibility and not a play-toy. I have even been tempted to make the game a non-GM'd game but then its not much fun without the human-element of events and such...But that doesn't stop me from coding in an AI moderator if i get desperate for a GM that does what they need to do.

You want to be one of my GMs?- prove it to me. Prove to me that you are the person I need. Heres a catch, though, I WILL NOT BE HIRING FRIENDS OR HELPERS UNTIL THEY CAN PROVE THAT THEY ARE WHAT I NEED. Are you a friend that just got a tad bit ticked? Then why do I call you a friend? A helper that expected a little more from their contributions? Why did you help in the first place? If you believe that you are the one that the game itself needs, just prove it to me, its that simple! But remember that it takes time, and I may even believe I am seeing through a disguise. Be patient with me as I am being with you. If you are going to get ticked cause I refuse to give you the power you are hungry for, you are not what I need...

What not to do- Don't tell me about how you've moderated other games. I really do not care because That just proves to me that you're not as active as you should be as a GM and probably quite power-hungry. If you think I should think otherwise- just as I've said many times before- PROVE IT!!

BTW- Don't be a serious grump. Playing around and being funny is excellent! And God, take a player's criticism as my own opinions to you. If I get complaints about your actions from the players, I will toss you out anyways. (though remember that I know what trollers and flamers are too...so don't go to the bad side just to stay GM D:)

Thanks for reading and understanding!~ /srsfaic
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/katsurithekitty
Tamashi

Tamashi

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:16 am

Allright I completely Understand Thanks Very Happy I love your game soo much its fun
Back to top Go down
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:24 am

thx...wow i reread that post and i think i went a little too ranty with that XD

sry you had to read it all ^^'
Back to top Go down
Guardian Of The Sky Ice

Guardian Of The Sky Ice

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:29 am

Haha i completely unterstand. I couldent stand a game with crappy gms like that. Its just so annoying to enter a server just to get kicked or somthing.

-Ice
Back to top Go down
Guardian Of The Sky Ice

Guardian Of The Sky Ice

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Ok so.... Since i cant help icon its time for me to make a gm request thinggy! Hazza!!!! -dances- Ahem! Enough of that.

Why should i be a gm?: Because i LOVE helping people with needs and can punish when needed and the fact that im not a 10 year old person who just bans and kicks for no reason.

People i recommend as well: Ancientluigi

Was i a gm on another game?: Yes i was 2 to be exact. Icon Ultima and another game.. what was it... Uhhh... Oh yah! It was pokemon hard crystal lol! i forgot

TIME FOR RANDOM STUFF ABOUT MEH!!

Whats my favorite color?: Red/Green/Yellow/Black

Whats My Favorite Pokemon?: Rayquaza. (Durh)

What the Plfargtl?: Question i... Uhh.... Waffle Kingdom? (ACCEPTED!) yay?

When am i on PAN?: Almost all the time its on unless im tired and i want sleep of course.

Anyway thanks for readin all this nonsence -_- and also thanks for readin mah GM assignment thinggy. Have a good day sorry for takin time from your life.
Back to top Go down
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:19 pm

lol, ill consider it, but i dont need people right now XD

on another note, i wanted to post this up

the following is the PERFECT example of what i dont need (sry if the end of the fight shows a bad sign on me, but i tend to continue fights that i know arent going to end soon):

Mira Nataka shouts: can i be admin im a good admin ask dd or justin
Katsuri shouts: ...no...
Mira Nataka shouts: or rage
Mira Nataka shouts: why not
Katsuri shouts: i dont need any admins atm
Katsuri shouts: its a small commune
Mira Nataka shouts: do you tink your great or something?
Katsuri shouts: very small
Mira Nataka shouts: your just rude
Katsuri shouts: i just dont believe i need 10 people to look over 5
Mira Nataka shouts: i jjust wanna help you with your game
Katsuri shouts: youre being over emotional, if youd read the forums, youd understand
Mira Nataka shouts: well anyway im out of here girl hater
Katsuri shouts: i am a girl
Katsuri shouts: O,o
Mira Nataka shouts: your a G.I.R.L?
Katsuri shouts: yeas
Katsuri shouts: yes*
Mira Nataka shouts: gay
Katsuri shouts: screw off
Mira Nataka shouts: it means your a guy
Katsuri shouts: okay?
Katsuri shouts: im a chick
Katsuri shouts: jerk
Mira Nataka shouts: im leaving i hope you and your game burn in the hell jerk
Mira Nataka shouts: yoru jerk here
Mira Nataka shouts: im not
Mira Nataka shouts: so fuck you and thsi rip

note the immediate response to me saying no is her getting ticked off. this is a sure sign of selfishness and disrespect for others

at least other ppl that want it now are decently okay with the fact that its a small community and they might not get it very soon (btw, high respects for you guys)
Back to top Go down
Abii

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:02 pm

May I be a gm(game moderator)? =3 i like helping people know what the can do in here, and make sure no one builds in someones house or have more then one building space
Back to top Go down
Mi Amo 2

GMs Empty
PostSubject: hey kat   GMs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:15 pm

hi kat. its me azrael. i would like to request gm status. i know that im not the most expereinced of your players, but i think that i would be able to help. yes i may be goofy or weird at times, but i have a very.... refined sense of right and and wrong. and im nopt a pwoer hungry psychopath likie everyone says. if i do get gm status thank you. if i dont.... then thank you for even considering me. i will leave the cards on the table. thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Kip

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:47 am

umm.... i am requesting GM, i am like lack experienced but i am good with GM verbs but i only have been a GM on 1 game(Reno's game)
i like to help peoples and i am not abuser >_>.and also i am requesting GM bcoz i need experience. you can decide the rank,i would rather start from lowest lvl GM lol! ,well as usual, my GM request is messy >_>
Back to top Go down
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:38 pm

o3o
-hides from this topic-
Back to top Go down
parker

GMs Empty
PostSubject: game moderator   GMs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 pm

i want to be a gm so please allow me a gm i have never game moderator before i will do as you say so can i be a lv 1 gm
Back to top Go down
Katsuri
Owner
Katsuri

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 pm

okay, heres the issue
i have no clue who you are or how you act. you will actually need to play a while before i can think of considering you...
Back to top Go down
Abii

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Gm   GMs Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:43 pm

ITs meh Lily o . o and you know how i am in the game.

im also very active and help you find bugs

8D
Back to top Go down
Azrael king of Sorrow

Azrael king of Sorrow

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:08 am

kay i understand. by the way, im the houndour that hangs out with ambz, lily, and drizzy. the houndour?
Back to top Go down
Azrael king of Sorrow

Azrael king of Sorrow

GMs Empty
PostSubject: ummm   GMs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:36 am

umm...... was you talkin to me?
Back to top Go down
Azrael king of Sorrow

Azrael king of Sorrow

GMs Empty
PostSubject: Re: GMs   GMs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:48 pm

like really, is you mean me?